English Version | Versão Portuguesa
1. Who we are
The Praia D’el Rey (PDR) Owners’ Association, ASSOCIAÇÃO DE PROPRIETÁRIOS NA PRAIA D'EL REY, is a non-profit organization, with a registered office at Rua 4 de Agosto Nº 42, 2525-814 Serra D’el Rei, Portugal. The Association has been established with no fixed or specific period of tenure. Our Social Security identification number is 25103121367.
The work of the Association is carried out substantially by volunteers from the PDR owner community.
3. Basis for processing your personal data
The PDR Owners’ Association works on behalf of PDR property owners to:-
- Protect owners investment by ensuring PDR is maintained to a high quality standard with a good level of security.
- Give owners a strong voice in key decisions affecting the resort – by developing good working relationships with local councils and commercial organisations that operate on the resort.
- Develop community spirit by organising social events and activities.
- Secure economic benefits for owners by negotiating favourable terms with local suppliers.
The Association cannot achieve these objectives without communicating with you and carrying out other tasks which involve processing your personal data. Such processing is therefore in the Association’s ‘legitimate interests’, which is one of the bases for processing personal data under the Data Protection Law (GDPR) applicable from 25 May 2018. Without using this basis, given our limited manpower and monetary resources, we believe our effectiveness and ability to achieve our objectives, which are entirely for the benefit of owners, would be severely impacted.
We can only use ‘legitimate interests’ as a basis for processing your data if we first have balanced it carefully against owners’ personal rights, expectations and interests. Our view after performing this assessment is that the ‘legitimate interests’ basis remains valid for the following reasons:-
- Given our objectives, we believe that owners would have a reasonable expectation that their data would be used by the Association to contact them. Despite a clear and conspicuous option to ‘unsubscribe’ on all our communications in the last 3 years, less than 1% of owners have used this option.
- The impact of the processing is low, only a small number of emails per year containing, for example, information about our activities, upcoming events, requests for payment of the Community Contribution, reminders about membership renewal.
- All emails from the Association contain a prominent ‘unsubscribe’ option. In addition we also provide easy to use options for owners to request a copy of their data, ask that it not to be used for further contact or processing or to be deleted – see the section below on ‘Access to your information and Permissions’
- Besides email contact, other processing of your data follows on from transactions that you have made and is processing that we believe you would expect to take place eg production of receipts following payment of the Community Contribution
- Owners’ data is fully protected and not shared with other organisations except for the purpose of carrying out certain tasks on behalf of the Association – see the section below ‘Use of your data by Third parties’
- The success of the Association in achieving our objectives, as substantially enabled by our ability to process owners’ data, will continue to result in substantial benefits for owners.
4. What personal data we hold
Owners’ personal data we hold is as follows:
- Name, email address ( 2 maximum), Property Identifier ( Lot No) plus, in some cases, postal address and telephone numbers
- Payment of Community Contribution – amount paid into each Maintenance and Security programme
- Website usage – data about how you use the Association’s website, yourpdr.org – see section below on Cookies
- For owners who are Members of the Association – date of joining, renewal date, amount paid
5. How we use this information
We use your data defined above as follows:
- To send you information about Association activities and major events, eg details of AGM and Forum meetings
- To inform you about PDR Maintenance and Security programme, to request your Community Contribution payment and to send you a receipt for this payment
- Payment information in general is used to ensure reminders are only sent to those who have not yet made a payment. We also process payment information to provide progress reports for publication on total amounts of money received from owners. No individuals are identified in these reports.
If you are a member of the Association, we also use your data to:
- To remind you to pay your membership subscription, to send you a receipt for your membership fee and to inform you how to obtain your membership card.
- To advise you about membership benefits eg special prices/discounts with local suppliers
6. Storage and protection of your data
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is protected against unauthorised access and use. The Associations’ main database (Name, Property Identifier and email address) is held within a Membership Management software product called MemberMojo. Membermojo stores your data on servers in secure facilities. Access to this data is controlled and limited to Association officers and authorised personnel.
Financial information, payments of Community Contribution or for membership held by the Association is in password protected data files on computers which are fully secured against unauthorised access and which use up-to-date anti-virus, anti-malware software.
7. Use of your data by Third Parties
Processing of your data is carried out by Association Officers and other authorised Association personnel. We do not allow use of your personal data by any other organisations, except for certain tasks as specified below:
- Community Contribution – we send information on payments made by you to Neighbour Services who send you a receipt for the payment . Neighbour hold this data in secure storage within a software application called Tocoline which is licensed by the Association.
- Membership – we advise Neighbour Services which owners have paid their membership so that they can produce membership cards on request.
- Association Accounting – payment data for membership and Community Contributions is sent to the Association’s Accountant once annually so that the Accountant can prepare the Association’s official accounts and other legally required reports.
8. Access to your information and permissions about its usage
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You may correct this information if it is inaccurate, request that it not to be used for further contact or processing or ask that it be deleted.
You can do any of the above by:
- Completing and submitting the form ‘Data Protection – Your choices’. Click here to access this form.
9. Cookies – www.yourpdr.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer by our website to collect standard internet log information . This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity, which help us improve our website. Cookies also create a better user experience by allowing more efficient website navigation.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and also to remove any existing cookies from your computer. However if you do this some parts of our website may not function correctly when you access the website.
For further information on Cookies, read our Cookies Policy
10. Other websites
12. How to contact us