So here we are dealing with the Covid 19 pandemic. Carl never included this in the job description!
Seriously, as a community some of our residents have already been demonstrating their willingness to help those who have already been confined to their homes. However, with the National Emergency being declared on Thursday 19 March life is going to be somewhat more complicated in the coming weeks. Personally, I would like to thank these people for their kindness and their community spirit up to this point.
I would like to make a few points: -
- Neighbour Services are going to be the main communicators on Covid 19 during these testing and fast-moving times and their current preference is to send information out regularly via their PDR Neighbour Facebook account. Sending out emails in bulk will bog them down as the implications on living at PDR of the National Emergency become clearer on a day to day basis.
Thank you to Susana Ribeiro and her dedicated team for taking up this very important communications role.
A further option is to follow advice provided online on websites like www.safecommunitiesportugal.com
- The advice from the Portuguese government right now if you have an emergency and you need an ambulance is to contact SNS on 808 24 24 24. Unfortunately, the response levels right at this moment are not perfect but hopefully it will improve in the coming days.
- Secondly, we are particularly fortunate at PDR in that we have our security team COPS still onsite and if you need help in an emergency please call them on +351 933 000 131. COPS have confirmed that their team will remain onsite unless, at some stage, they are prevented from doing so due to Government intervention.
- Other potential operational initiatives
- In the coming days APPDR and Neighbour Service will be considering if any new initiatives can be put in place which would benefit the community whilst complying with the new emergency laws. As and when we have any positive news announcements will be made.
We live in very complicated times right now, please stay safe and look after each other as best you whilst complying with the latest emergency rules as these become clearer.