PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT
By ensuring Praia D’El Rey is maintained to a HIGH QUALITY standard with a good level of SECURITY.
In all key decisions affecting the development of the resort.
DEVELOPING COMMUNITY SPIRIT
Through organising social events and activities.
Current News / Interviews
Click here for more information.
Emergency Phone Numbers
Police, Fire, Ambulance 112
PDR Security (including Defibrillator) +351 933 000 131 (Managed by COPS)
Please click here for other Emergency Phone Numbers
Message from John Stavers on Covid-19
As a community some of our residents have already been demonstrating their willingness to help those who have already been confined to their homes. However, with the National Emergency being declared on Thursday 19 March life is going to be somewhat more complicated in the coming weeks. Personally, I would like to thank these people for their kindness and their community spirit up to this point.
I would like to make a few points: -
- Neighbour Services are going to be the main communicators on Covid 19 during these testing and fast-moving times and their current preference is to send information out regularly via their PDR Neighbour Facebook account. (Search for 'Neighbour Pdr' in Facebook). Sending out emails in bulk will bog them down as the implications on living at PDR of the National Emergency become clearer on a day to day basis.
Thank you to Susana Ribeiro and her dedicated team for taking up this very important communications role.
A further option is to follow advice provided online on websites like www.safecommunitiesportugal.com
- The advice from the Portuguese government right now if you have an emergency and you need an ambulance is to contact SNS on 808 24 24 24. Unfortunately, the response levels right at this moment are not perfect but hopefully it will improve in the coming days.
- Secondly, we are particularly fortunate at PDR in that we have our security team COPS still onsite and if you need help in an emergency please call them on +351 933 000 131. COPS have confirmed that their team will remain onsite unless, at some stage, they are prevented from doing so due to Government intervention.
3. Other potential operational initiatives
- In the coming days APPDR and Neighbour Service will be considering if any new initiatives can be put in place which would benefit the community whilst complying with the new emergency laws. As and when we have any positive news announcements will be made.
We live in very complicated times right now, please stay safe and look after each other as best you whilst complying with the latest emergency rules as these become clearer.
PLEASE MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE 6TH PDR COMMUNITY PROGRAMME (P6)
The 6th Community Programme for Maintenance & Security Services (P6) will commence on the 1st March 2020 and will again run for 12 months.
The full details and budget are available under the ‘Your Resort’ section above.
We are very pleased to say that we are on track to achieve our contribution target for P5 as we enter the final month, which really is good news. As always it is thanks to each and every owner that continues to support the initiative in maintaining PDR to the standards we can enjoy.
As an Owners' Association we will always remain committed to protecting your investment at PDR and would therefore ask you to now contribute to the P6 Programme that commences on the 1st March 2020.
To review the information on how to make your contribution please click below;
Note If you are an owner in a condominium, please check with your Condominium Chairman / Condominium Manager if they already collect these contributions from you with the Condominium fees before you contribute direct, to avoid any possible duplicate payments.
Click on the desired day to see the events
About The Owners Association
The Praia D’El Rey Owners Association (Associacao de Proprietarios na Praia D’El Rey – APPDR) is an independent not-for-profit organisation with a rapidly growing membership, currently standing at over 600.
Our main overriding objective is to work for the benefit of all PDR owners, especially in matters affecting maintenance and future development of the resort.
The Association, which is run entirely by member volunteers, was fully involved in creating the current PDR Maintenance and Security Programme which started on 1 March. The Programme covers 24 hour security, public area maintenance and fly control and has already made a major difference to the resort, which had deteriorated badly during 2015.